Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Racing Experience at the 2014 Atlanta $10,000 Nostalgia Drag Races and Car Show


12th Annual Atlanta $10,000
Nostalgia Drag Races

We traveled out of town to the one and only Atlanta Dragway to compete in the Atlanta $10,000 Nostalgia Drag Races and Car Show. I was so excited to be entered into this race because it was my last race of the season and I had never raced at Atlanta Dragway before! 

When we arrived at the track, the weather turned really bad and quickly began to rain. We ended up having a five hour delay in getting the race started! After a few hours of rain, it finally cleared and we headed for tech inspection

After the sun came out and the track was dry, qualifying runs began. The bigger cars had to run before the Jr Dragsters to put some heat into the track. The track announcer called us to the staging lanes for our first pass of the day around 2:00 pm so I checked the air pressure in the tires and got all of the equipment together and in the car. As soon as we got to the lanes I jumped in the car and got all of my equipment on. At Atlanta Dragway they don’t play, they are ready for us to get on the track and GO!  That’s one of the reasons why I love that track.

On my first pass, the car ran well and I cut a good light so I was really pumped for the rest of the day! After about 30-45 minutes, we made our second session run. I just have to say that I LOVE racing!!! 


On the second time pass, I cut another awesome light and was feeling pretty good about the first round! I had never raced at night and was looking forward to another new experience.


While waiting for eliminations to start, I feel asleep in my Snake Doctor Racing, Jr Dragster, which is very comfortable. After a nap and a quick bite to eat I was ready to go.  When we were called for the first round, I felt a little nervous but got myself in the zone quickly and was ready to battle! 

In the first round, I cut a better light than the other driver and crossed the finish line first but with the night air and the track cooling off, I ended up breaking out and losing the round. I was disappointed with not winning the round but it was okay, I had a wonderful day and experienced a lot.

Check out some highlights from the Atlanta $10,000



No comments:

Post a Comment